PRAY FOR KKMC 2020
WE AT KKMC
WILL BE FAITHFUL DISCIPLES IN AUTHENTIC COMMUNITY
ENGAGED IN LOVING OUTREACH & BOLD WITNESS
TO THE GLORY OF GOD!
An Authentic Community in Christ
1 John 1:7 (NRSV)
7 but if we walk in the light as he himself is in the light, we have fellowship with one another, and the blood of Jesus his Son cleanses us from all sin.
Acts 2:43-47 (NRSV)
42 They devoted themselves to the apostles’ teaching and fellowship, to the breaking of bread and the prayers. 43 Awe came upon everyone, because many wonders and signs were being done by the apostles. 44 All who believed were together and had all things in common; 45 they would sell their possessions and goods and distribute the proceeds to all, as any had need. 46 Day by day, as they spent much time together in the temple, they broke bread at home and ate their food with glad and generous hearts, 47 praising God and having the goodwill of all the people. And day by day the Lord added to their number those who were being saved.
The early church gave us the model to be an authentic community in Christ, even as they understood that they were connected to God, and one another, in Jesus. As we focus this year on building an authentic community, we give thanks to God for the community that He has already built within Kampong Kapor Methodist Church and we pray that He will continue to build us in spiritual maturity that we might, in greater measure, love Him, love His Word and love His people.
Thank God for:
1. Making us connected to Him in Jesus and thereby connected to one another also.
2. His faithfulness and good work in and through KKMC in the last 126 years.
3. The fruit borne from the activities in the celebration of our 125th Anniversary as well as all the other ongoing activities.
4. The people who came to salvation and those who received baptism in the last year.
1. KKMC congregation members to have the spirit of the early church and experience the joy of worshipping and serving together, even as we are connected to one another in Jesus and to care for one another.
2. Each person to be spiritually empowered – spending more daily time with God, praying for the church, attending discipleship and other Bible training programmes, committing to serve in at least one area of church ministry and overall, always to be conscious that we are to live our lives for the sake of the gospel.
3. The pastoral team and church leaders to have a spirit of wisdom and God’s revelation to know the right things to do, and a loving, compassionate heart to shepherd members.
4. The ministries of the church – for a listing, please refer to the “Church Life” on this website.
5. The church to be a channel of blessing to the community. Pray for good relationships with people in the community as well as the organisations. Pray that we will be a welcoming church and the Lord will draw more and more to seek Him and find hope in Him.
6.The growth of our witness locally and in the missions fields we are involved in. Pray for breakthroughs where there is hard ground and major obstacles.